Friday, January 12, 2007

fun to read

No, not me...follow the link I'll give later.

Most of you know I don't have children...never a goal, but not a responsibility I've consciously avoided either. As John Hiatt sings, "It just worked out that wayeeeeeeeeee!". I get along with them pretty good and there's something that some young ones find amusing about my appearance because a lot of them smile at me. I smile back and wave and then usually grin sheepishly and shrug my shoulders at the kid's parents.

I've mentioned this before about this site I read almost daily, but as a reminder, James Lileks has a way of describing his interaction with his daughter that actually makes me regret not having one to embarrass. He's into collecting a lot of eclectic things and while he's a good writer...he should be, he's a columnist...some of those don't interest me but I always like reading about Gnat and Jasper the dog. In my opinion, he's at his best when being sentimental. For those of you who like old matchbooks, photos, movies and other oddities of our nations popular history, try his main page and keep clicking...especially his bleat archives...enjoy. I have. It's been fun watching someone grow up this way.

No comments: