Sunday, January 7, 2007

Improbable evening/mornings...

do happen. I went to a going away party for Scott last night. We were all pretty buzzed, but he was buzzed enough to actually sing karaoke...poorly, but funnily. Had I tried it would have just been poorly. I'm definitely at my best in the shower where the noise masks the mistakes. We had a good time and I'm probably going to move into Scott's place fairly shortly. It's right across the street from the place I wanted, but that place was already rented.

Anyway, I came home and was debating whether to try to stay up and watch the Seahawks or take a quick nap and hope I woke up in time. I ended up doing a little of both, talking with a friend for awhile and eventually falling asleep after the battery in my phone gave up. I eventually woke back up and caught the end of the game, which is where the improbably comes in...you'll understand if you saw the finish. My phone was recharged and a friend was wondering what was eliciting all the curses, groans and triumphal exclamations so I told her to turn the game on. What was odd about it was that she's in Arkansas and I'm in Cyprus and I was seeing things before she did. I tried to tone down my reactions so she could not know what was coming but I didn't succeed completely. It was fun watching the game with her that way and I think I taught her a few new words, none that she need use, but new nonetheless. Compound words...generally consisting of 4 letters combined interchangeably.

At least the Seahawks won, but an odder ending I've yet to see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd mention to you, since you so nicely added my name, that I've been informed I'm a Division I official. Had no clue! That's only for baseball, softball, volleyball and basketball. Shoulda' went for football. Lots less rousing from crowds, or they're further away. Ask me later. Ciao!

hairofthedawg said...

Sorry about that. It's a habit of mine to use first names but I should have remembered that yours is unique. It's too late now, but I've removed it. Congrats on the D-1 selection. Maybe you can head out and do some Pac-10 games. A lot of people complain about their refs.