Thursday, February 8, 2007

Conspiracy...

against me moving. I don't know why, but aside from the internet fiasco, I woke up early this morning to swap my bug for Roger's truck and get an early start on things. I made the mistake of stopping to fill up the bug on the way. I think that in my early morning stupor I put the card in upside down. Normally it kicks it back and I pull my head out and move on, but it was stuck. I tried to pry it out with another card to no avail and headed down to work to wait for Roger. We swapped keys and I went back up to see if maybe the machine had kicked it out and hopefully, wait for them to open at 7.

The previous manager of 47 years recently passed away and the hours have changed so I went back to work and borrowed a pair of needle nose pliers, but I had no luck with them either. It gets worse, or better, hard to say. I returned the needle nose and headed back up to see if they opened at 8 instead, but on the way I noticed that the post office was open and since I had a package, I thought my new cell phone, I stopped in to pick it up.

Well, and you know me and my wells...it turned out to be my new computer, which I've thought for two months was being shipped to my parents and then to me. I wasn't disappointed, just a bit confused. I'm sure you can guess, which won out, playing with the new toy or moving a bunch of heavy awkward stuff. Needless to say, got a late start, but the computer is nice. It's made by Alienware and is so quiet I was scared when I first turned it on, half thinking the power in the new place fried something, but it's been great, aside from a minor head up ass moment configuring my proxy. Now tomorrow's the big moving day...yeah, right.

No comments: