Monday, February 26, 2007

I did this yesterday...

but for some reason, this program wouldn't let me publish it. These are very large photos taken from and of the new place. I hope you enjoy them.

Here's the view from the upper balcony on a normal day. It's zoomed so I'm not really that close, as are some of the rest of these photos. I think you can tell why I like it here.

Another shot from the balcony...this time you can see the Akrotiri peninsula in the background and several ships in the Limassol harbor.

Here's a clearer shot of the peninsula. We're at the left end of it, and yes, Dad, I forgot about the t-shirts, but not completely. This one's clearer and the sea's in it's normal state...Dickie don't surf...here anyway.

Except on days like these, although the generally rocky shoreline is a bit daunting even if I really wanted to try surfing.

Just your average Cypriot hillside...

Here's a view to the east. The earlier ones are from the south and west.

I thought I had some photos of when it was messier than this, and, believe me, it was, but here's a fairly organized mess anyway.

Slowly but surely I'm getting there. It really did seem bigger before I moved my stuff in.

A view from the other direction...does it look like a guy lives here?

Here's the odd man out, chair-wise, sweat stains and all.

The final product, plus or minus a few minor changes. Oh yeah, the table on the flokati is no longer there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics Dick... I didn't know about this site...

hairofthedawg said...

Welcome Mike,

I don't advertise this one like I did the old one on wildwoodrugby.com. I used to put my site in with whatever comments I made, but haven't been so far with this one. My posting is very sporadic and I'm usually just typing as I think, meaning I wince a lot the next day.

On the photos, it's the camera, an Olympus Digital SLR. I've had it for awhile, but still don't do much more than point and shoot. If you look closely, I think I forgot to change modes for the different type shots. Part of that's laziness too, but the camera still does a good job despite my shortcomings.

cheers,

Dick