Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

And so begins another year...so far so good except that for some reason the natives decided to shoot off their fireworks at 1 am instead of midnight. I went up on the balcony at midnight to watch but nothing. Of course, once I'm warmly wrapped in my blankets listening to the Husky basketball game I hear them going nuts. I'm not completely certain which holidays are associated with fireworks, but they shoot them off pretty frequently. If I went all the way up to the roof I could probably look across town and see 5 or 6 displays at once.

It was a bad day as far as sports viewing went. Seahawks weren't on, and since a AFN was so enamored with meaningless...to me...NFL games, the UW vs. UCLA basketball game wasn't on either. That 's probably a good thing as the young Huskies got spanked by the Bruins. It's hard to tell listening, but it sounded to me like they played alright except for a couple of stretches where nothing went right. The Seahawks won, but not as impressively, in my opinion, as they could have. They had to settle for quite a few field goals, but again, it's hard to tell watching via a periodically updated computer. Have fun at the game next weekend dad!

No comments: