Saturday, February 3, 2007

I've never tried it...

but after reading this article, I visited their website. It certainly looks good and their whole story from the first link is kind of a feel good thing. I don't eat much fried chicken, but if you have your oil hot you can keep the oil from reaching the meat and have a relatively healthy meal. I may have to do some experimenting. Paul Prudhomme's cookbook has some things I'd like to try, but it took this article to get me off my butt and maybe give it a shot. I'll probably use my deep fryer instead of the cast iron, but he uses the remnants of the fry for other things and I probably won't. That reminds me...I need another Dutch oven. Time to go shopping.

It's been raining most of the night and so far this morning so I haven't been very ambitious. I should be cleaning the old place, but...you know me and cleaning. Eventually...

No comments: