Monday, February 5, 2007

Nasty...

No, I didn't do anything of that nature after waking up at 0100 and drinking through the game, just the weather. It's been raining pretty hard and late this morning got pretty windy too. I love it and hope to go up to the new place and get some photos of the surf later this afternoon. It looked pretty cool this morning when I was up there.

I finally called cytanet and got them to commit to a date(tomorrow) to hook up the web. They complained that I hadn't closed my old account but finally relented when I explained to them that the internet was critical to my work and based on past experience, I couldn't afford to rely on things being cut off at my old place and smoothly transferred to the new one. I needed the new one up and working before I paid off the old account. I also discovered just how poor the mobile phone connection is when talking downstairs at the new place. The battery lasted about 3 minutes and I thought it was fully charged. I'll probably have to get a regular phone too. It's been awhile.

I also broke the damn stylus on my turntable again. I move it in 3 pieces and mistakenly thought I could avoid removing and transporting the cartridge properly. It survived being taken upstairs and placed in the car. It survived being removed from the car and carried up while I pushed the door open. I had already unlocked it anticipating a problem here, but as I bent to push the door open, the zipper on my jacket made contact with something and a heard a soft metallic ting. Sure enough, no more stylus.

Oh well, even though I'll be moving, I've got three days off.

No comments: