Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

Yeah, I'm a few hours early, even by my time, but too bad. It's every son's job to embarrass his dad at every available opportunity. I'm not sure I've been living up to that and am trying to catch up.

I remember that one of the first times I told you how much I loved and respected you for the sacrifices you made while Bob and I were growing up...over gumbo at the Oyster Shanty next door to the Hog's Breath Saloon in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. I was nervous about it but needn't have been. You've always been easy to talk to and in fact sometimes hard to get to shut up. Don't change.

At least one your step-daughters loves you as much as I do and that says a lot more, at least to me, than my expression of it does.

It doesn't change my feelings though. You're one of the good guys. Happy Birthday! Gayle, it's a pretty significant milestone...hiring a stripper or are you going to be brave?

Love,

Dick

No comments: